Reached by a narrow access lane. Land drops away steeply to N with broad views over Menai Straits. Dated 1885 and initialled H S. Said to have been built by Colonel Hugh Savage, a gentleman who retired back here from colonial service. Eccentric mixture of styles, predominantly
Old English and gothic Revival. ruabon brick with terracotta ornament; tiled roof with cresting, finials and wide bracket eaves. Formerly with twin chimney stacks with arched bridging (see old photograph below). Totally irregular plan form. The main front, facing E, is composed of 4 bays. The left hand bay is advanced, gabled and diagonally set across the corner with splayed angles; the right is a broad bow with window to ground floor and verandah above with double cusped arching and ogeebalustrade; terracotta band between. The first floor has decorative applied timberwork. The corners of the gable to left are corbelled out below eaves and the gable itself has ornamental bargeboards. Small pane casement windows. The ground floor to left of the bow has a lean-to depressed ogee arched verandah with largely fish-scale tile roof and timber uprights. Multi-panelled main door, half glazed inner doors and stained glass overlight. 3-bay right side with end bays advanced. That to left has projecting and taller 1st floor window rising to jettied gable; 3-light transomed ground floor window flanked by ogeeniches and mermaid figures to the corners. Advanced gabled bay to right similar to that on the front. Octagonal shaped attic rises up to centre. Much applied timberwork to rear and gabled attic to left.
Similarly eclectic interior with numerous irregularly shaped rooms mostly with pointed (some acutely) arched recesses, also to landings. gothic dog-leg staircase with turned balusters, quatrefoil banded string and octagonal newels. Pointed arch at end of hallway has foliage stops and this and the conference room retain ceiling roses.